Recipes for Grilled Sandwiches & Panini at camp.
No matter what you call them - grilled sandwiches or Panini - they are always a hit. The ooey, gooey goodness of melted cheese and crispy caramelized bread is an irresistible treat. Almost any traditional sandwich can be made special by grilling it or cooking on a Panini grill. Here are just a couple of ideas for exceptional Panini.
# 1 Panini Tip:
- Wrap sandwiches in tin foil sprayed with butter or olive oil flavored cooking spray (like Pam) - this will make it easy to clean your panini press
How to cook a Panini on a camping trip over a campfire or BBQ grill
- Use a cast iron grill pan and a foil-covered brick.
- Use a regular skillet with a foil covered brick - you won't get pretty grill marks but they will taste just as good
How to cook a Panini on a camping trip if you have electricity
- A Panini press is a great tool and many of them come with changeable plates so they can be used as a grill or a griddle.
- Or re-purpose your George Foreman Grill into a Panini press - this is probably my favorite way to make Panini, since the grill gets so hot so quickly.
- Mozzarella, tomato & basil panini on a baguette
- Turkey & Bacon Panini with pesto and provolone on pumpernickel
- Chicken, fig and peppered goat cheese on rosemary flat bread
- Grilled veggies with feta in a whole wheat pita
- Crab stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue cheese on a Miami onion roll
- Turkey with brie, pear and raspberry mustard on cranberry pecan bread
- Nutella S'more panini