This is a very tasty pizza made with low fat ingredients that we have every time we go camping. A one dish wonder!
Wrap of a Pizza
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Per individual pizza:
- 1 low fat "wrap" or flat bread ( I like Italian or basil/tomato)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T finely minced garlic to taste ( I use jarred)
- 1 small thinly sliced tomato
- 1 quarter sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated
- 1-2 links of turkey sausage (optional)
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 3/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
- optional: fresh tomatoes, black olives, pepperoni, bell pepper, other spices
- Using Heavy Duty aluminum foil make a "tray" for the pizzas
- Spray with Pam or other non-stick spray
- Brown the sausage and set aside
- Place the wrap on the aluminum foil
- Spread the olive oil over the wrap
- Place the remaining ingredients on the pizzas in the order mentioned.
- Place on the grill( We use a gas grill) until the cheese is melted
- Slide the pizza off the oil onto a plate.
You can use any sausage or fat content of mozzarella, but we prefer the lower fat version.