Nothing warms a cold night like a great bowl of chili - this is truly a unique take on a great a traditional dish.
Wild Salmon Chili
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 12 oz Wild Red Alaska skinless-boneless smoked salmon
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans
- 2 Tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 2 cans (15 oz each) diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 can sweet yellow corn
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste 1/2 cup (2 oz.) low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Sauté onions over medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Sauté garlic over medium-low heat until just beginning to change color: do not allow it to burn.
- Break salmon into chunks.
- Add beans, corn and tomato to saucepan; stir in salmon, cayenne, ancho chili powder, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide chili among four bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro.