A healthy, tasty alternative to traditional stuffing.
Wild Rice with Rosemary and Almond Stuffing
- Ready in: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1 t olive oil or butter 1/2 c chopped onion 1 c slivered almonds 1 T chopped fresh rosemary 1 3/4 c vegetable or chicken broth 1 c wild rice and long-grain rice mix 1/2 c golden raisins
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1 T chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 3/4 c vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 c wild rice and long-grain rice mix
- 1/2 c golden raisins or cranberries or other chopped dried fruit
- Heat the oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute onions until translucent.
- Stir in raisins; saute until soft.
- Add rosemary and almonds; cook for one-two minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add stock, rice, and mixture from the skillet.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer until the stock is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Use as the stuffing in a small bird, or double the recipe for a large turnkey or serve as a side.
This is a great basic wild rice stuffing. Experiment with different herb, nut and fruit combinations. Like apple pine nut and sage or thyme and rosemary with chopped dried cherries, apricots and figs with black walnuts. Use your imagination and let us know what combinations you and your crew prefer.