The bright sweet flavor of sun ripened watermelon combined with an earthy, slightly salty feta cheese makes the perfect summer side salad.
Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad
- Ready in: 15 minutes prep + 1 hour to chill
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- tsp lemon juice
- tsp olive oil
- 3 or 4 chopped and crushed mint leaves
- Black pepper to taste
- a dash of your favorite hot sauce
- Pumpkin seeds or roasted pine nuts (optinal for topping)
Remove watermelon from rind and dice into bite size pieces. Set aside in a serving bowl. Toss with feta cheese. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, mint leave, black pepper and a dash of your favorite hot sauce in a small bowl whisk together. Pour on watermelon and feta. Let sit refrigerated for at least an hour or overnight. Just before serving top with pumpkin seeds or pine nuts.