Yum. Always a favorite at family get-togethers and holidays. This version replaces 1/2 the mayo with yogurt, to add a bit of tang with fewer calories.
- Serves: 6
- 2-3 apples, cubed, Gala, Golden Delicious or other variety
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp honey or granulated sugar
- 2-3 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup seedless grapes (red grapes, prefered)
Start by combining the apples, celery, nuts, and raisins in a bowl. Next combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and pepper in another bowl. Just before serving pour the dressing over the apple mixture and toss thoroughly. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve.