Yummy grilled vegetables with a simple fresh marinade. The perfect faimily friendly side dish for any meal. Kids love anything on a stick.
Vegetable Kabob Recipe
- Ready in: 15 minutes to assemble + 1 hour to chill & marinate + 10 to 15 minutes to cook
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: very easy
- skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water)
- an assortment of vegetables (mushrooms, yellow squash, onion, Bell peppers, eggplant, corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes, zucchini)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 T champagne vinegar (or other wine wine based vinegar)
- 2 T honey
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- lime wedges - 1 for each skewer
- Cut your vegetables in shapes that will skewer well. Cubes, chunks, and thick slices are best. Do not cut cherry tomatoes, as these will slip right off the skewer (skewer them whole). If you're using corn on the cob, cut it into inch-long pieces.
- Make marinade by whisking together olive oil, vinegar and honey
- Slide the vegetables on the skewers and brush with marinade.
- Chill for an hour if possible.
- Set the skewers on a very hot grill, turning occasionally and brush with marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with lime wedges