Yummy - potatoey goodness. This is a all time favorite with family anf friend + kids love it.
Twice Baked Potato
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 4 large Russet potatoes 3-4 tbsp butter 1/4 cup sour cream (optional) 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional) 4 slices of crispy cooked bacon Salt Ground pepper Grated cheddar cheese for topping
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 4 slices of crispy cooked bacon
- Ground pepper
- Grated cheddar cheese for topping
Start by baking the potatoes until they are tender. Next cut each potato in half and scoop out the flesh of the potato with a spoon into a bowl. Make sure to leave about 1/4 inch of the potato flesh on the skin, so you can add the twice baked mixture back into the skin. Set aside the skins and mash the potato flesh in the bowl. Add the butter and your choice of sour cream, cheddar cheese, steamed broccoli and more. Be sure to add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
Bring out the reserved potato skins and mound the potato mixture back into the skins. Top each potato half with grated cheddar cheese and bake at 400 degrees or on a hot grill or campfire until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve hot.