Serve with seared ahi, jerk spiced ahi tuna or a simple grilled chicken breast for an easy summer salad. Perfect for lunch or a light supper.
Tropical Spinach Salad with Papaya and Macadamia Nuts
- Ready in: 15 to 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1 bag prewashed baby spinach (who has time to wash spinach now that it comes in a bag?)
- 1 very ripe papaya
- 1/4 cup or more crushed macadamia nuts
- Red onion rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- Bottled poppy seed or sweet vidalia onion dressing
- Cut papaya into "spears" and set aside
- Put spinach in a large bowl
- Put red onion, macadamia nuts, goat cheese and a light coating of dressing over spinach and toss well
- Place papaya spears on top of salad -sprinkle with more macadamia nuts if desired and serve.