Great make in advance family favorite. This is a great dish for camping and Rving and a perennial potluck favorite.
Traditional Three Bean Salad Recipe
- Ready in: 20 minutes prep + chill overnight
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) green beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) waxed beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 med. red or sweet white onion, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp. sugar or sweeten to taste
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- Mix first three ingredients, then layer onion in.
- Mix sugar and vinegar together and pour over salad.
- Refrigerate overnight.