A classic summertime potato salad with a vinaigrette dressing.
Traditional Potato Salad
- Ready in: 40 minutes + at least an hour for chilling
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes boil until cooked but still firm.
- Remove from water drain well. Remove excess moisutre with a paper towel.
- Mix together with chopped onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and onions then toss lightly.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Refrigerate overnight for fullest flavor.
Use a mixture of fingerling potatoes for a special potato salad.