This is supposed to be the original "secret" recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. It's great for chicken wings, chicken fingers and fired shrimp.
Traditional Anchor Bar Buffalo Sauce
- Ready in: 10 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 6 T Louisiana hot sauce; (3 oz.) 1/2 butter or margarine - margarine is supposed to be the authentic ingredient. 1 tb White vinegar 1/8 ts Celery seed 1/8 ts Cayenne pepper; to 1/4 tsp 1/4 ts Red pepper 1/8 ts Garlic salt 1 ds Black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine - margarine is supposed to be the authentic ingredient
- 1 T White vinegar
- 1/8 t Celery seed
- 1/8 t Cayenne pepper; to 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 t Red pepper flakes
- 1/8 t Garlic salt
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t Tabasco sauce; to 2 t
Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the is completely melted. Stirring occasionally.
Traditionally fried (not breaded) chicken wings are tossed in the sauce while right out of the fryer and served with blue cheese dressing, celery and carrots.