The Tom and Jerry is a hot drink that slightly resembles eggnog. It is believed that the famous bartender Jerry Thomas invented the Tom and Jerry. This drink is a great wintertime treat.
Tom and Jerry Holiday Cocktail
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 1-2 oz dark rum (substitute light if you want a lighter drink)
- 1-2 oz brandy
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tsp sugar
- Hot milk
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks begin to form.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until peaks are stiff. Beat the yolk until it is thick and frothy.
- Beat in the brandy and rum.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, making sure you don't flatten the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a warm mug.
- Gently fill the mug with hot milk, sprinkle with nutmeg, and enjoy.