A healthy salad that's big on taste and will satisfy everyone at the table. Plus it's super easy. Cook and extra steak on Sunday for a quick flavorful salad mid-week.
Thai Beef Salad
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 3/4 lb flank steak or any cut of your choice
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 3 T lime juice or to taste
- 1 T fish sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 t sugar (optional)
- crushed red pepper to taste or omit for a milder dish
- 1/4 c finely dashed shallots
- 2 scallions cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 c finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 c finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- greenleaf lettuce
- preheat grill
- sprinkle steak with black pepper
- grill to desired doneness
- Set aside and cool (if you are preparing it to serve now place in frezeer while you finish the salad)
- when cool slice thinly
- In a large bowl mix lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and red pepper (if you are using)
- Mix until sugar has dissolved
- Peel cucumber and thinly slice then cut into quarters.
- Add steak, shallots, cilantro and mint and toss well.
- Add lettuce and cucumbers. toss and then serve.