This is a recipe based on an original chinablue sauce created by Richard Wong.
Tangy Ginger Asian Slaw
- Ready in: 15 minutes to assemble + at least an hour to chill
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 bag pre-shredded angle hair cabbage and broccoli slaw
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh or bottle ginger root (no dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- finely chopped candied ginger pieces
In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion and radishes.
In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper flakes.
Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and candied ginger just before serving.