Great family treat for a warm up after a winter hike or a skating party.
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 c water
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 18 whole cloves
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest of half an orange
- Place the cider in a pot or crock pot and turn to low heat.
- While it's heating, zest your orange and lemon and add to the cider.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Let the cider heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- If you like, garnish with a cinnamon stick, an apple slice, or a slice of lemon.