Souvlaki is a great Greek meat recipe, which combines tender meat and grilled meat. If you want, you can mix the types of meat you use and you can add onion and pepper wedges to your skewers as well. Also you can cut your meat into larger or smaller chunks depending on how large or small you like your meat skewers.
- Ready in: 2 - 3 hours to marinate + 15 minutes cook time
- Complexity: easy
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 lbs pork/lamb/chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the meat, making sure to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Put meat onto kebab skewers.
- Lightly brush grill with oil. Cook the meat for 10-15 minutes or until done, be sure to turn the skewers often to ensure the meat is cooked evenly.