The perfect ending to a romantic dinner or other special occasion and since this is cooked in a slow cooker - you can relax and enjoy your evening. This could work in a dutch oven a well. I haven't tried it yet so if you do let me know how it works.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Cake
- Ready in: 2 to 2 1/2 hours + 30 minutes to rest
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 1 1/3 cups sugar 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup butter, melted 4 large eggs, lightly beaten 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (Mexican if you can find it) 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (Mexican if you can find it)
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut flavored instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- a pinch of dried clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Stir together all ingredients except ice cream in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until set around the edges but still soft in the center. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Add a sophisticated touch by drizzling Kahlua or Frangelico over the cake.