A simple easy way to make a family favorite. Just put everything in the slow cooker and you'll have fabulous corned beef when you arrive back at your campsite after a long day of exploring or home from work.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.