This is a wonderful seafood main dish for an amazing dinner.
Shrimp and Lemon Pasta
- Ready in: 20 to 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: medium
- 1 package of linguini
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, shell and tails removed and deveined
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest from one lemon, in long thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by cooking the pasta - oper package directions.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside, reserving some of the pasta water to use in case the pasta seems dry.
- As the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic, about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, cook lightly, until starting to turn color.
- Add the lemon zest and remove from heat.
- As the pasta drains, add the lemon juice to the shrimp and heat briefly.
- Toss the pasta into the skillet, with the shrimp.
- When thoroughly combined, serve with parmesan cheese on the side, a warm with crusty bread and a nice green salad.