Has replaced the southern sweet tea of my youth as my absolute favorite iced tea. The bright red color makes this tea a festive addition to any meal.
Red Hibiscus Tea
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced, peeled fresh ginger
- honey to taste (preferably clover honey)
- 4 hibiscus tea bags or loose tea
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, for garnishing
- Put 4 cups water, ginger, and sugar into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until honey has dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add 4 hibiscus tea bags. Cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- If using loose tea pour through a fine sieve into a bowl set in an ice-water bath. Let cool.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- Serve over crushed ice, and garnish with lemon wedges.