Do you love potato salad with fresh spring peas? Pickles? Spicy peppers or big chunks of ham? Then this is the recipe for you. Add in your favorite ingredients and enjoy.
Potato Salad With Add-Ins
- Ready in: 30 minutes + at least 1 hour to chill
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ingredient of your choice (or a half cup each of two ingredients)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Boil your potatoes with salt until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, drain, and let cool.
- Put potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine with eggs, onion, and your special ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Gently stir into the potato mixture until blended.
- Add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.