Browned pork tenderloin with the sweetness of apples - a grown-up version of pork chops and apple sauce.
Pork & Apple Dish Recipe
- Ready in: 15 minutes prep + approximately 45 minutes cook time
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 1-2 T butter
- 1 Pork tenderloin
- 3 Tart apples (Granny Smith or Johnathans)
- 1/2 C Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Sugar
- Course, ground black pepper
- 1/4 C apricot jam
- Trim the fat from the tenderloin.
- Sprinkle lightly with the course ground pepper.
- Heat the butter in a skillet.
- Place in the tenderloin and brown on all sides, then move your pan to a cooler spot and let cook for approx. 25 to 30 minutes uncovered, turning occasionally.
- Remove it when it's done but still a little pink inside. Cover with foil.
- Core and slice the apples and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, water, sugar, apricot jam; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add apples and vinegar mixture to the same pan and cook until apples are tender.
- Slice tenderloin into medallions and pour apples over pork.