0.0/5 rating (0 votes)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) cool, yet soft butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
Share this recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the molasses and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, making sure to combine thoroughly, but do not over mix your dough, the ingredients should just be incorporated.
- Place large spoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges, but are still soft in the center, about 10-11 minutes.
- Midway through the cooking you can sprinkle sugar over the top of the cookies if you like the sugar coated molasses cookie.
- Take out of the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.