This is one of my favorite summer cocktails. It is both simple to make and delightfully refreshing. Try mixing up this cocktail for you friends on one hot evening this summer.
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 2 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (can increase if you like a sweet cocktail)
- 1/2 lime
- 7-8 fresh mint leaves
- club soda
- In a tall glass muddle mint leaves and simple syrup, make sure to thoroughly crush the leaves. You can either use a muddler or you can use a long handled spoon.
- After you have crushed the mint leaves and mixed the simple syrup, squeeze lime juice from the lime half into your glass, then add the lime rind to your glass.
- Fill your glass with ice, you can also use crushed ice if you prefer.
- Pour the rum over the ice and top with club soda.
- Stir gently and enjoy.