Tangy, sweetness - perfect to serve on grilled fish tacos.
- Ready in: 15 minutes prep + 30 minutes to chill and let flavors combine
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
To slice the cabbage and onion a mandolin works great because it gives thin and consistent slices. If you don't have one be sure to slice as thinly as possible. Then in a bowl mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least half an hour. This salsa is wet, so you can use a fork to serve, which allows the cabbage and onion to drain.