This is a fun and festive way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or to add a little spice to everyday entertaining and family camping meals.
Make Your Own Tacos
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: very easy
- Taco shells
- Flour and corn soft tortillas (fresh if you can find them)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Variety of Salsa and Taco sauce
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeno peppers
- Sliced black olives
- Fresh cilantro
- Corn off the cob
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded spinach
- shredded rotiserrie chicken, cooked pork or leftover steak or roast
- and any other toppings you enjoy
- cooked and taco seasoned ground beef
- Set out individual toppings in small bowls and make sure each bowl has it's own serving utensil.
- Items like sour cream should be kept cold - so place your dish over ice.
- To heat the soft tortillas - over a campfire or grill - heat the tortillas in a cast iron skillet or directly over the fire on a grate.
Fiesta Mexicana! Have Fun!