Simple and tasty. Perfect for a grill, open campfire or grill pan in an RV kitchen.
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 2 lemons
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary or several spring of fresh
- 2 tbsp olive oil honey to drizzle heavy duty tin foil grill or fire prepared for indirect cooking
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- honey to drizzle
- heavy duty tin foil
- grill or fire prepared for indirect cooking
- Juice one lemon and combine with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. This will make a thin paste.
- Loosen skin of chicken and rub mixture under skin.
- Place chicken on 2 layers of tin foil.
- Slice other lemon into rounds.
- Place lemon slices on top of chicken and drizzle with honey.
- Close foil packet and place on cooking area of prepared grill or campfire.
Cooking time will vary depending on grill or fire temperature. Cook completely until juices run clear. Check at 20 minutes.
Chicken packets can be prepared a day or two in advance to make cooking at camp super simple. Just remember to keep the chicken chilled.