This is an extremely easy version of this soon-to-be-a-favorite pie.
Kentucky Derby Pie
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 10-inch Single Crust Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup gourmet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, shelled and chopped in half if desire
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed with whisk attachment, whip butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and bourbon together until frothy.
- Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in chocolate chips and pecans or walnuts. Blend well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm, or cool completely before serving with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup