A sweet treat perfect for breakfast or dessert. This an easy version of the traditional. Super easy but great flavors.
Easy Kaiserschmarrn - German sugared pancake recipe
- Ready in: 30 minutes + a couple of days to make homemade vanilla sugar
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- Vanilla Sugar:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- German Pancake:
- pancake mix
- 1 cup drained rum soaked berries or rum soaked raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar 2 tablespoon butter 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped 1/4 cup powdered sugar plum preserves
- 1/4 cup teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- jar of plum preserves to serve with the pancakes
Place vanilla bean in sugar tightly covered for several days
Prepare pancakes according to mix but add sugar, berries, lemon juice and dark rum.
Add butter to a skillet and and cook pancakes. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar & powdered sugar.
Top with whipped cream and plum preserves.A sweet treat perfect for breakfast or dessert. This an easy version of the traditional. Super easy but great flavors.