Once you've grilled a turkey breast you'll never want to roast one in the oven again.
Jerk Rubbed Grill Turkey
- Ready in: 1 1/2 hours or longer
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- Fresh or thawed Turkey Breast Split in half
- lime wedges
- mesquite wood chips
- Jerk Rub Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon ground allspice 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon cayenne 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Jerk Rub Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This rub will last several months.
Clean turkey thoroughly. Pat dry. Loosen skin.
Pierce turkey breast gently with a fork and then rub with Jerk spice rub. Let Turkey Breast rest in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.
Wrap turkey bone side down in heavy duty foil and place on a grill preheated to 400° for indirect grilling. Place mesquite chips in a heat proof/flame proof container or directly on coals. Cook for and hour to an hour & 1/2 or longer - grilling time will vary based on consistency of heat. Turkey is done when juices run clear & a meat thermometer reads 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
At 30 minutes open the foil packet to expose top of breast.
Let rest for 15 minutes then carve and serve with lime wedges.
This could be cooked in the oven in an RV but try it on the grill or over a campfire for a real treat.