A traditional Irish sherry trifle with ladyfingers, berries and vanilla pudding - easy and addictive.
Irish Sherry Trifle
- Serves: 6
- 10 ladyfinger cookies
- 3 oz raspberry Jell-o gelatin
- 1 c sherry
- 1 c fruit (raspberries, strawberries, cherries)
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1.5 c vanilla pudding
- 2 T sugar
- 3 c milk
- Place the ladyfingers in the bottom of a glass serving dish. Arrange the fruit on top in an even layer. In a separate bowl, add one c boiling water to the Jell-o and then another 1.5 c cold water. Stir until crystals dissolve. Pour over the mixture in the dish.
- In another bowl, combine the pudding powder, sugar, and a little milk. Heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan, bringing it only just to a boil. Add the pudding mixture mix slowly and heat again, almost to a boil. Stir constantly.
- Pour this over the mixture in the glass dish. Cover and chill. Before serving, whip the cream with a little sugar and heap it on the trifle.