This is a classic summer beverage and is a great way to cool down. You can make sun tea from any regular type of tea bags, including black tea and herbal tea.
Iced Sun Tea
- Ready in: a couple of minutes to assemble - 2 to 3 hours to steep
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 5-7 black tea bags
- Tie 5-7 tea bags together, using their strings.
- Fill the gallon container and put the tea bags in the water.
- Cover the container and place in direct sun to steep for several hours.
- Serve in a tall glass filled with ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
- If you prefer sweet tea, add sugar to the gallon container or you can add sugar to each glass.
- Another option, is to boil the water before putting it in the container. Putting the tea bags in hot water will speed up the steeping process and you tea will be stronger.