Great for potlucks and special enough for a starter @ holiday dinners - sure to be a favorite.
Hot Crab Dip
- Ready in: 45 minutes
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup non fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 - 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of garlic salt to taste
- up to 1 tablespoon of milk (only use if necessary)
- couple dashes of Tabasco
- 1/2 - 3/4 of a pound of canned or fresh crab meat
- 1/4 cup (or more) Mexican or Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles
- Assorted cracked and tortilla chips for dipping
- Remove an cartilage from crab.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic salt blue cheese and Tabasco until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add a little milk until it is dense and creamy.
- Carefully fold in the crab meat.
- Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole and top with cheese blend.
- Bake or place on a covered grill for 20 - 30 minutes.
Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.