Lemonade is one of the classic summer drinks. The juxtaposition of tart and sweet gives this simple drink wonderfully complex flavor, adding fresh strawberries adds just enough flavor to make this an amazing cool summer drink.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Ready in: 20 minutes + time to chill
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- Approx. 6 lemons
- 1-cup water
- 1-cup sugar
- 4 to 6 cups cold water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Juice the lemons, you will want about 1 cup of lemon juice, you can strain the juice if you prefer a pulp-free lemonade. Reserve the lemon rind halves.
- Prepare simple syrup using 1-cup water and 1-cup sugar. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Combine lemon juice and simple syrup and allow the lemon and sugar combination to cool.
- You can adjust the proportions of lemon juice to simple syrup to change the sweetness or tartness of the lemonade depending on what you like. Cut strawberries into quarters and divide equally between 4 to 6 tall glasses. Thoroughly crush the strawberries in the bottom of the glass.
- Add the lemon syrup to each glass, mix thoroughly, and add one lemon rind half to your glass. Fill each glass with crushed ice, or regular ice. Finish by topping the glass with water and stir thoroughly.
- You can also dilute the lemon syrup with the 4 to 6 cups of cold water before adding to your glass. This will ensure that your lemonade won't be too sweet or too strong. Instead of adding the diluted syrup before the ice. Crush the strawberries, then add the lemon rind, next add the ice and finish by filling the glass with the diluted syrup.