Sweet, salty and spicy - this corn hits all the right notes.
Grilled Ancho Chili Sweet White Corn on the Cob with Honey Butter
- Corn on the Cob
- fresh, husk on, sweet white or yellow corn
- honey butter (recipe follows)
- Fine ground sea salt
- Ancho Chile Pepper
- Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- Honey butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
Corn on the Cob
- Soak corn in iced water for 1 hour or longer.
- Loosen husks and remove silk strands from corn-on-the-cob.
- Spread butter mixture lightly over corn.
- Sprinkle corn with sea salt, ancho chile pepper and course ground black pepper.
- Return husks to cover corn.
- Place corn on preheated grill over medium heat and cook 6-7 minutes, turning often enough to cook on all sides without burning.
- Serve corn hot with extra soft honey butter.
Honey Butter Directions:
- Place butter in a small bowl. Gradually add honey, beating constantly, until desired thickness is attained.
- Refrigerate to harden
tip - if you want to create cute shapes for individual servings of butter place in candy molds or the fun shaped ice cub trays.