These nachos are a favorite family dinner recipe. Start by getting a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and a large oven-proof platter. The addition of roasted garlic, black beans and corn will make this the "new" go-to nachos recipe for all your parties.
Gourmet Chicken Black Bean Nachos
- Ready in: 15 to 20 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lb mixed Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 head roasted garlic - separated into cloves and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 can no-salt-added yellow corn
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by lining the bottom of the platter with tortilla chips. Put a layer of beans, chicken, roasted garlic cloves, yellow corn over the chips, then add a layer of cheese, then a layer of onions and tomatoes. Continue layering until you run out and have a large mound of nachos.
- Put the platter in the oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and crispy on the outer edges.
- When done sprinkle with chives and serve with salsa and guacamole.
- If there are other ingredients you like on your nachos, like diced jalapenos, you should add all of those things to your chip mound.