Serve with soup and bread for light lunch or as a side on pizza night.
Easy Spring Salad
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- juice from 1/2 orange
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- For Salad:
- 4 generous handfuls of salad greens
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup almond halves, toasted
- 1/3 cup California black olives
- optional - chunks of feta cheese
To Make Dressing:
Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, most of the red onion, olive oil, and salt. Blend until emulsified, taste, and adjust with more salt or lemon juice if needed.
To Make Salad:
Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Toss very gently with a generous splash of the dressing. Add the tomato, bell pepper, carrot, almonds, and olives. Toss again, and add more dressing if needed.