Pizza usually ranks high on the list of "favorite" food. With prepackages foods it's easy to prepare at camp on a grill, over a campfire or in a pinch a camp stove.
Easy Campfire Pepperoni Pizza
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 1 or more prepared pizza crust - like Boboli™
- Pizza Sauce (Contadina™ makes one in a plastic squeeze bottle - perfect for camping)
- Mixed Italian cheeses
- Olive Oil
- metal tongs
- heavy duty tin foil
- crushed red pepper and Parmesan
- Prepare grill or campfire for indirect cooking.
- Brush top of prepared pizza crust with a little olive oil.
- Place directly on grate oiled side down and cook for a minute or 2 until golden - careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.
- Place crust bottom side down on a double layer of tin foil.
- Cover crust with pizza sauce.
- Top sauce with a generous amount of cheese - you're camping calories don't count.
- Place pepperoni on top of cheese.
- Cook on prepared cooking area of grill or campfire for 2 - 6 minutes depending on temperature of fire.
- Pizza is done when cheese is melted.
Careful not to burn the bottom of the crust. You may have to adjust the pizzas position over your fire.