A delicious pie that's piping hot and filled with ingredients of your choice.
Dutch Oven Calzone Recipe
- Ready in: 2 to 3 hours hours for dough + 20 to 30 minute cook time
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- 2 cup warm water
- 1 T sugar
- 1 packet yeast (approx. 1 T)
- 1 t salt 6 c all purpose flour
- 6 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Filling of your choice:
- Tomato sauce and sausage and / or pepperoni are a classic combination
- Tomato sauce and vegetables with cheese is also popular
- or any other favorite pizza topping will work
- Mix water, yeast and sugar and let bubble. Add salt, 2 cups flour, olive oil and mix.
- Addapproximately 4 more cups of flour 1/2 cup at a time until you have a workable dough.
- Let it rest. Divide into eighths.
- Flatten the dough to 1/4-inch thickness on floured board.
- Spread 1/4 cup pizza filling of your choice on each round; fold over and seal.
- Bake in the middle of a very hot Dutch oven with coals piled on the lid for approximately 15 or 20 minutes.