This is a great dipping sauce chicken wings, chicken fingers, shrimp, scallops or steak bites.
Crunchy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Ready in: 1/2 an hour
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. chopped Vidalia or Maui onion (or another heirloom sweet onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cliantro
- Top with: 2 tbsp. crushed peanuts
Sauté onion and garlic in peanut oil for 5 to 10 minutes or until soft. Let cool slightly and stir in remaining ingredients. Top with crushed peanuts. Let cool slightly and stir in remaining ingredients.
This can be made in advance, refrigerated and stored for up to a week.