This will become a family favorite - don't tell anyone but this is easy enough for weekday breakfast.
Cranberry - Lemon Pecan Stuffed French Toast
- Serves: 6
- 12 slices of cranberry pecan bread
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 1 T fat free milk
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Curd
- Pecan halves
- Powdered sugar &/or maple syrup
- Cooking Spray
- optional fresh berries
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread
- Spread lemon curd on the other slice of bread
- Sprinkle with pecans
- Then put the two slices together to make a sandwich
- Whisk egg beaters, milk and cinnamon together until combined
- Dip french toast sandwiches into egg batter
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray
- Cook over medium high heat until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup.