This is a great dipping sauce chicken wings, chicken fingers, shrimp skewers or steak bites. Or a great finishing sauce for grilled chicken.
Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce
- Ready in: 20 minutes or so
- Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon instant onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak sauce (such as A-1)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit or reduce if you don't like hot and spicy.)
To prepare sauce, combine cola and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes. Cool. This can be made in advance, refrigerated and stored for up to a week.