This picnic and cook-out classic is easy to make ahead and hold up well with proper refrigeration.
Classic Potato Salad
- Ready in: about a 1/2 hour
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 2 lbs potatoes, either russet or other white potato, peeled and cut into quarters or smaller depending on the size of the potato
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard, or to taste
- pickles diced (optional)
- crumbled crispy bacon (optional)
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- After peeling and cutting the potatoes boil them until they are just tender, be careful not to overcook the potatoes or you will have mushy potato salad.
- Once the potatoes are boiled and cooled, chop the onions and hard boiled eggs.
- Next add as much mayonnaise and mustard as you see fit.
***The secret to making great potato salad is to experiment until you find the perfect proportions for your personal taste. Adding crispy crumbled bacon adds a bit of smokey, salty goodness.