This is an extremely rich and delightfully easy truffle recipe which will stun all of your chocolate-loving friends and family.
Chocolate Rum Truffles
- Complexity: easy
- 1/3 cup. heavy cream (minus 1 tsp)
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very soft butter
- 1 tsp rum extract (this is an approximate measure, use the rum extract to taste)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate until it is very fine, then put cream into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Wait for a minute or so for the cream to heat the chocolate, then whisk the chocolate mixture until it is smooth. The chocolate should look shiny when you are finished mixing. Whisk in the butter and rum extract. Cover the chocolate and refrigerate for about 3 hours. It should be firm when you get it out of the refrigerator.
- Spoon out teaspoonfuls of the chocolate; roll them in your hands to make little balls. If you want a larger truffle, use a little more of the chocolate, but beware they are very rich so smaller may be better. When you are rolling out your balls you will get messy, but it's worth it.