Indulge in this elegant yet simple treat.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Complexity: easy
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves, washed and dried
- 1 box toothpicks
- waxed paper
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Hold the strawberries with toothpicks and dip them into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into a styrofoam cup until the chocolate cools, or set them on a sheet of waxed paper.