Absolutely amazing. The favorite candy combination re-imagined as an easy to make crumble. Sure to be a new favorite.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Crumble
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 20 fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of ground cloves
- 1/4 c Turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cherries, honey, orange zest and chocolate in a bowl. Evenly distribute the cherry mixture in the bottom of a 6- to 8-inch pie or quiche dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, butter hazelnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove until completely blended and beginning to gather into small balls. Break into small pieces and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the cherries.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the topping and bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, then place under the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.