Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour ( I like to mix 1 cup whole wheat flour with 1 1/4 cup white flour to make a more flavorful and full bodied cookie)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Share this recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) in a small bowl and then set aside.
- In a larger bowl cream together the butter and sugar, you want the texture to be light and fluffy.
- Next slowly stir in the dry ingredients, being sure to thoroughly mix. You can cream and stir all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. If you wish to work a bit faster you can use a hand mixer.
- Finish by stirring in the chocolate chips, do not use a hand mixer to stir in the chips.
- *Next place large spoonfuls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. You will want to space them about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Special note about making fluffy chocolate chip cookies, you have to keep your dough cold. If you dough is warm when you put it one the cookie sheet and putting in the oven you will have flat and crispy cookies. If you like flat, crispy cookies then allow your dough to warm slightly. If you prefer a soft and fluffy cookie then be sure to cool your dough after stirring on warm days.