A beautiful side dish. Also a great replacement for traditional Thanksgiving stuffing!
Cashew Wild Rice
- Ready in: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: easy
- 5.5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth), divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 T butter, divided
- 1 c dried wild rice
- 1 c uncooked brown rice
- 1 c halved cashews
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 t thyme
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of broth to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add cranberries; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of broth to a boil; add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Add wild rice, cover and let simmer for 55, 60 minutes or until the rice is tender (drain if needed).
- In a different saucepan, combine remaining broth, 2 Tablespoons of butter, and brown rice.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and let simmer for 35‚ 40 minutes or until rice is tender (drain if needed).
- In a skillet, sauté the cashews in remaining butter until browned.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the wild rice, brown rice, cranberries and broth, cashews, salt, pepper, and thyme.
This has become a family and potluck favorite!