A tasty mix that can be varied in a hundred ways. Add in your favorite ingredients and make it your own!
Campfire Stew Recipe
- Ready in: 45 minutes to an hour depending on meat and vegetable mix
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 or 2 lbs. ground beef, turkey, veggie burger, or tofu
- 1 whole onion, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 squash, roughly chopped other vegetables, roughly chopped (broccoli, carrots, cabbage, asparagus, etc)
- 1 can tomato paste
- optional to make this a complete meal add canned potatoes or beans
- Sauté vegetables in oil or butter and cover the pan with a lid; cook until tender. Set aside.
- Brown meat and season to taste; add tomato paste. If you are adding canned potatoes or beans add them now. Cook meat thoroughly.
- Add veggies and eat piping hot with crusty bread or biscuits.